XtremeLabs First Community Courseware Package is available now in Courseware Marketplace!
As many of you already know, on December 30, 2021, Microsoft retired over 50 legacy courseware titles. XtremeLabs previously announced that it would continue to support Legacy Courseware by continuing to manage and update labs for legacy topics. While Microsoft will no longer be supporting these titles, many legacy courses are being reworked into community courseware. These courses can be purchased through courseware marketplace.
In addition to the continued support of retired courseware, XtremeLabs has recently published its first community courseware package for 55324A: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016. This course directly maps to the 20740C course which was retired by Microsoft. Learning partners who purchase this course will have access to the student book (accessible through Skillpipe), the instructor PowerPoint deck to be used for teaching, and the XtremeLabs award-winning hand-on digital learning labs.
The 55324 course is designed as a 5-day course for IT professionals who already have some knowledge and experience with Windows Server. It is designed for professionals who have the primary responsibility of managing storage and computing by using Windows Server 2016. Professionals who need to understand the scenarios, requirements, and storage and compute options that are available and applicable to Windows Server 2016. At course completion, students will be able to:
- Configure and install Windows Server 2016
- Manage Server Core, server upgrade, and migration strategy
- Understand storage options
- Manage partition table formats
- Manage basic and dynamic disks, file systems
- Manage virtual hard disks, and drive hardware
- Manage disks and volumes
- Select and manage proper storage solutions for a specific scenario
- Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication implementation
- Configure and Manage Microsoft Hyper-V, virtual machines, and Hyper-V containers
- Configure disaster recovery technologies
- Manage and Configure failover clustering for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure, plan, and implement a Network Load Balancing (NLB)
- Work with deployment images.
If you are a Microsoft Learning Partner, this course is available now on Courseware Marketplace! If you would like to see if this courseware package makes sense for you and do not have access to courseware marketplace, please reach out to our Sales Team!
If you are a community author and would like to collaborate with XtremeLabs on future titles, we would love to hear from you. Contact our Team!